TOTUS TUUS SUMMER YOUTH MISSION 2017
Totus Tuus is a Catholic summer youth program dedicated to sharing the Gospel through catechesis, Christian witness, Eucharistic worship, and Marian devotion. The goal of Totus Tuus is to help young people grow in their faith in Jesus Christ and have fun in the process.
What is Totus Tuus?
What is a Totus Tuus Missionary?
How can I help?
Jr. High School, Program Guide, and,
How to Bring Totus Tuus to our Parish
Logistics & Financial and Best Practices
Who can be one? Why be one?
Vocation Office Totus Tuus Coordinator
Vocation Office Staff
TOTUS TUUS PARISH
Vocation Office Staff
Help a Parish to have the program
Office of Religious for Consecrated Life
“Totus Tuus ego sum et omnia mea tua sunt.” Thus begins the episcopal motto of the late Holy Father, John Paul II: “I am totally yours, and all that I have is yours.” With these words, John Paul II inspired and continues to inspire men and women from all over the world to entrust their lives completely to Jesus Christ through the Virgin Mary. Mary’s total devotion to the will of the Father is the model for Totus Tuus, as it seeks to respond to John Paul II’s urgent call for a “New Evangelization.” We hope to instill these virtues in the young people.
The Mission of Totus Tuus is to inspire in young people a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for conversion, and a personal renewal within the context of a stronger prayer life. Through evangelization and catechesis, Totus Tuus seeks to foster openness to the sacrifices and blessings of the various Christian vocations.
The methodology, structure, content, and enthusiasm of Totus Tuus are concerned not only with teaching the faith, but also igniting the hearts of the team members and young people. The result has been the formation of young adults who continue to dedicate themselves to the Church’s mission of evangelization.
Totus Tuus seeks to foster openness to vocations in the young people we serve as well as among the teachers. This is accomplished by placing special emphasis on the importance and necessity of prayer, Eucharistic devotion, and Marian devotion, in addition to catechetical instruction and formation in the Catholic faith. Read about Totus Tuus in the Catholic New World.
WHAT IS A TOTUS TUUS MISSIONARY
Totus Tuus calls upon college students and seminarians from Chicago and across the United States to carry out its mission. Those hired are trained and put into teams of four (two men and two women) to go out into a parish for a week and put on a “parish mission for youth” in order to teach and inspire. They conduct these missions for six weeks during the summer.
Much of the success of Totus Tuus is due to the college-age missionaries whose zeal for Christ and His Church inspire young people to lives of radical holiness. Furthermore, missionaries of Totus Tuus often discover their own vocation as they too are inspired to lives of deeper devotion. Historically, approximately 12% of Totus Tuus team members pursue formation in the priesthood or religious life.
For more information check out our College Missionaries page
HOW CAN I HELP?
1) If you would like to learn more about what it takes to bring the Totus Tuus Program to your parish please visit the For Parishes page.
2) If you are interested in being a Totus Tuus Missionaries or you know someone who might be a good candidate, please access the For Missionaries page.
3) If your parish is already hosting Totus Tuus, please speak with your parish contact directly about any volunteer needs.
4) We welcome and rely on your prayers to fulfill this ministry that God has called us to. Please pray for our staff, the missionaries, and all of the past, present, and future Totus Tuus students. They are not only the future of the Church, they are called to be disciples today and need your prayers. If possible please make a prayer commitment to support this ministry.
5) Finally, we would be most appreciative of any financial assistance that you could offer. As our program continues to grow and reaches out to more parishes, we need the financial resources to help cover our expanding costs such as travel, training of our teachers, office help, and parish scholarships. Know that your gift to the Lord will be used to fund and support the faith development of countless youth and young adults, and we are most grateful for any gift you can offer. Please make all checks out to the Archdiocese of Chicago and mail to: Vocation Office, 750 N. Wabash Ave. Chicago, IL 60611.
Vocation Office: Erica Zapien: 312.534.1037 | email@example.com
Vocation Office Address: 750 N. Wabash Ave. Chicago, IL. 60611
|1||6/11 - 6/16||St. Odilo
Our Lady of Perpetual Help
St. Agnes of Bohemia (70570)
|2||6/18 - 6/23||
|3||6/25 - 6/30||
St. Bede the Venerable
|4||7/9 - 7/14||
Our Lady of Mercy
|5||7/16 - 7-21||St. Edward
St. Benedict on Irving Park
|6||7/23 - 7/28||St. Athanasius
St. Paul - Chicago Heights
St. John Brebeuf
TOTUS TUUS DONATIONS
Donate to support the teachers’ training. Sixteen college students are needed, to offer Totus Tuus at 24 parishes.
A Teacher Team of 2 college women and 2 college men go to a parish from Sunday to Friday. They are not only giving a mission to the youth, but are also discerning their own vocations.
Training one teacher cost $600
Sponsoring a parish costs $1,700
Donations can be made online at Totus Tuus GiveCentral